Don’t let anyone tell you that they “know you well, they know your ways, and know how you think” – because simply, they know NOTHING about you. It’s just a threat they use to make themselves feel superior and more knowledgeable. Be comforted in knowing that only God knows you, cares for you and protects you. Also, we should not fear from knowing this, because of God’s immeasurable and great love for us, He protects us and is merciful to us when we sin against Him. He knows us well, He protects us, He plans our future and provides for us our needs and all things we desire; according to His will.
“I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” – John 10:14
1. God knows all of our moves, thoughts, habits and actions.
“O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.” – Psalm 139:1-3
2. God knows our future – He knows us personally and plans for us. He provides the best for us, if we follow Him and know His will for us.
“‘For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,’ says the Lord, ‘thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.'” – Jeremiah 29:11
3. God knew us before we were created and before our existence!
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;” – Jeremiah 1:5
4. God knows all our features and characteristics, and as our Creator, He values us and cares for us greatly and more than we can imagine.
“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:7
5. God understands us and is greater than our feelings and so He knows everything, even if we don’t tell Him.
“For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” – 1 John 3:20
6. God is watching us all the time and our every move. Without telling Him our troubles and our thoughts, He can see us and our actions.
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.” Proverbs 15:3
7. God is our Creator, He made us and knows every detail of our lives!
“See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;” Isaiah 49:16
“God is the life of all free beings. He is the salvation of all, of believers or unbelievers, of the just or the unjust, of the pious or the impious, of those freed from passions or those caught up in them, of monks or those living in the world, of the educated and the illiterate, of the healthy and the sick, of the young or the old. He is like the outpouring of light, the glimpse of the sun, or the changes of the weather which are the same for everyone without exception.” – St. John Climacus (The Ladder of Divine Ascent)